Most guys, unfortunately including my own boyfriend, tend to save their Christmas shopping for the very last minute. This drives me absolutely CRAZY as I am a planner. For example, even though it is almost the end of August, I have almost a third of my shopping done. This is a great way to save money by spreading out spending over several months.
Well guys, I have to tell you that it really is never too early to start shopping, especially when you can hit up sales and save even more. Jewelry is always a great gift to give. It’s special and is loved by many women.
I’ve been into the Kameleon Jewelry collection lately. I love how you can get a ton of different Kameleon JewelPops to go with this jewelry. You can easily switch out the JewelPops to create hundreds of different combinations.
My guy is an AMAZING cook on the grill. He has been making all sorts of different treats for us this summer and I’m not ready to say goodbye to the season for that reason! We look online every couple of weeks to find some new recipes to try out.
I found this recipe on one of our favorite recipe sites: Grilling Companion. The photo and recipe can be found right here. I posted the recipe on this post, too, so you have quick access. Here it is:
1 whole chicken
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup orange juice
1/8 cup olive oil
6 garlic cloves smashed and then minced
2 chipotle peppers minced
ground black pepper
- Remove the chicken from the packaging, making sure to remove the gizzards and neck from the cavity if they are present (I know, duh, but still).
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly and then pat dry with paper towels.
- Follow these instructions to remove the backbone, keel bone and then flatten and cut the chicken into halves.
- Whisk together the lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, garlic and chipotle peppers in a bowl.
- Place the chicken halves in re-sealable bags and then pour in the marinade.
- Squeeze all of the air out of the bags and then place them in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and then dust with Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Heat a grill to medium heat (around 400 degrees).
- Grill the chicken halves over medium heat with the lid closed, turning every few minutes until an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees in the breast meat.
- Total cooking time should be around 20 – 25 minutes. If the outside of the chicken is getting too charred, move the chicken halves to an unlit side of the grill and then close the lid to bake/roast the chicken until done.
Massages are a luxury that are meant for both men and women. It seems like the whole “day spa” and “pampering” scene is made for women, used by women, and targeted at women. This makes it so that men do not come in as frequently as they could or should and half of the population tends to feel a little left out!
I go get my massages in Orange County and have recommended CloudMover to men and women. They have an amazing menu of services and I love that they customize to treat each and every client.
A gift certificate to get a massage makes for a great gift. It allows them to relax and unwind and take some time for themselves!
What’s your favorite day spa to go to?
Need an easy present you know she will love, get her massages in Orange County. Every woman loves to be pampered and have time spent on only her. She needs someones focus on her and a massage is a great way to do that. When she gets back from her massage she will be relaxed and happy and you will be able to take some of the credit for that because of your thoughtfulness. I count on massages for many gifts I need to buy. for several reasons; I can get them last minute, I know people like and appreciate them, and I don’t have to spend a lot of time shopping or thinking of a gift. Massages are my go to gift idea, I don’t think people will get tired of receiving them either because who couldn’t use a massage?
There are so many different types of massage out there:
I gave my friend who is a runner a gift certificate for a sports massage and he loved it. This by the way is the closet I will ever get to giving another dude a massage too, ha ha. But seriously to those in your life who could use it, a massage is always appreciated!
To me, football season means tailgating season. I love going to football games, don’t get me wrong, but I REALLY look forward to what is on the menu for tailgating BEFORE the game. It’s fun to buy a 6 pack or three of beer and buy some delicious meat to grill up! Whether it’s chicken drummies, a rack of ribs, or a couple of steaks I look forward to it all!
Football season is already starting with training camps ending and pre-season games already being played.
I found this perfect grill for tailgating. It’s a Weber Smokey Joe Silver Compact Grill and it is small enough to pack for games, yet has a large enough cooking area for whatever needs to be cooked. It’s only $30 too, so it’s nice not breaking the bank for it!