My guy is an AMAZING cook on the grill. He has been making all sorts of different treats for us this summer and I’m not ready to say goodbye to the season for that reason! We look online every couple of weeks to find some new recipes to try out.
I found this recipe on one of our favorite recipe sites: Grilling Companion. The photo and recipe can be found right here. I posted the recipe on this post, too, so you have quick access. Here it is:
1 whole chicken
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup orange juice
1/8 cup olive oil
6 garlic cloves smashed and then minced
2 chipotle peppers minced
ground black pepper
- Remove the chicken from the packaging, making sure to remove the gizzards and neck from the cavity if they are present (I know, duh, but still).
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly and then pat dry with paper towels.
- Follow these instructions to remove the backbone, keel bone and then flatten and cut the chicken into halves.
- Whisk together the lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, garlic and chipotle peppers in a bowl.
- Place the chicken halves in re-sealable bags and then pour in the marinade.
- Squeeze all of the air out of the bags and then place them in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and then dust with Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Heat a grill to medium heat (around 400 degrees).
- Grill the chicken halves over medium heat with the lid closed, turning every few minutes until an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees in the breast meat.
- Total cooking time should be around 20 – 25 minutes. If the outside of the chicken is getting too charred, move the chicken halves to an unlit side of the grill and then close the lid to bake/roast the chicken until done.
As most of you know, we’ve been grilling more than ever. This means that I’ve been constantly looking for awesome new accessories, tools, and recipes to really maximize our grilling experience.
Just when I thought I found it all, I came across the HUGE collection from CHEFS. They have some extremely unique and useful finds! They have pages and pages of items, including these awesome items: kabob baskets, an LED barbecue grill light, kabob skewers, a nonstick rib rack, a stainless steel hot dog roller, a potato grill rack, grill cleaners, gloves, and even grilling goggles!
What are some of your favorite finds when it comes to grilling? I would love for you to share them! I’m sure there are WAY more things out there than I have found.
My dad LOVES to spend time outside. I swear he would live outside in the backyard if he could. No matter what season it is, you will find him either working or relaxing in the yard. In fact, today for Father’s Day, we set up some yard games, grilled out, and spent the entire day outside enjoying each other’s company and the beautiful weather that we had!
I found this hammock with a stand (so you don’t have to find trees to tie it between…this way it’s portable) and thought that it would be perfect for a guy that loves the outdoors. My dad already has something similar, and he uses it all of the time. It’s super comfortable to lay in and is oh-so-relaxing!
A couple of years ago, my mom bought my dad a really nice grill for his birthday. She spend a lot of money on this gift, so instead of buying him all of the accessories for the grill, we decided to get them gradually for gifts here and there as we go. This makes it really easy to pick out gifts for him when it comes to his birthday, Father’s Day, and Christmas. Since Father’s Day is quickly approaching, I thought I should pick out what I want to add to his grilling collection. Even though he knows that he will be getting a grilling gift, it’s still so much fun to surprise him!
I picked out this grill comb. He really likes to make shish kabobs, and apparently this is the latest and greatest accessory to eliminate the use of the traditional skewers. I hope he likes this gift and even wants to use it to cook us a yummy Father’s Day meal!
My man LOVES to grill out and camp. Now that summer is here, we are already making plans for camping trips throughout the season. We have been grilling out almost every night that the weather cooperates (it’s not very fun to grill out when it’s raining).
Of course I’ve been searching all over for camping and grilling accessories to update and expand our collection. Once I found this S’mores maker for the grill, I knew I had to get it. I can already taste the crunchy graham crackers, the gooey, warm marshmallows and the melted, sweet milk chocolate. practically drooling here!
This is a must-have product for the guys (and gals) that love being outdoors, cooking over the fire, and fire up the grill during summer months.